TERMS OF REFERENCE
AFRICAN DEVELOMENT BANK GROUP – SUDAN / IITA
ENALBLE YOUTH PROGRAM
TECHNICAL ADVISOR/SHORT TERM CONSULTANT
FOR EDIT, REVIEW AND RE-DESIGN THE EXISTING VALUE CHAINS, PREPARE THE TECHNICAL TRAINING MATERIAL AND CONDUCT TOT WORK SHOP
ENABLE Youth Sudan is one of AfDB’s ENABLE Youth Initiatives under the Bank’s Strategic focus to transform Africa’s agriculture. The objective of the program is to create business opportunities and decent employment for young women and men along priority agricultural value chains in Sudan. The program is expected to train and empower 2,000 Agricultural Entrepreneurs (Agripreneurs) in Youth Agri-Business Incubation Centre (YABICs) in five states in the country. International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a backstopping, technical and strategic advice service provider to the Youth Agri-Business Incubation Centers (YABICs) and National Program Coordination Unit (NPCU), and the project stakeholders.
Technical training it is essential part of incubation period for agriprenerurs, it is aimed at provide the technical knowhow for selected value chain in which to capacitate agriprenerurs with practical knowledge and experiences, especially for non-agricultural graduates.
SCOPE OF THE PROPOSED CONSULTANCY
The overall objective of this consultancy is to map and review the existing technical training material, prepare value chains for 14 subjects/topics and conduct TOT training sessions for at least 15 facilitators.
The consultant shall:
· Revise the technical training materials and modules that deigned by program
· Identify gaps in the exiting technical training Materials;
· Suggests for another related agricultural value chain topic;
· Ensure that the technical material was developed as a tailor made training modules, in order to address the capacity needs of the ENABLE program stakeholders;
· Review and finalize all the documents in light of one-day workshop discussion;
· To ensure the manual are in line sudan environment and market requirements;
· Conduct a training of trainer’s program;
· Develop pre and post -test for curriculum. agricultural value chain topics;
· Unified the training schedules;
· Prepare PPTs slides;
· Weekly reports in Arabic and English for a maximum of 2 pages according to the work completed.
The consultant is expected to complete the above mentioned tasks in 30 working days, starting from signing the contracts.
4. Expression of interest
The applicant's proposal should include the following issues:
· A detailed CV relevant to the consultancy;
· The availability of consultants;
· A brief outline of how the mission will be carried out /an initial work plan;
· At least 15 Years’ experience in entrepreneurship training and TOT;
· Appreciate, if any similar work done before;
· Concept note describing the training module
· Updated training module on entrepreneurship in Arabic with executive summary in English.
· Introduce of edited technical training materials, presentation, curriculum, in Arabic versions with necessary comments (First draft).
· Introduce TOT workshop report
· Submission of final reviewed technical training materials, presentation, curriculum Arabic. (word and PowerPoint format)
· Final cover report for work achieved in Arabic and English versions.
The consultant will work closely under the supervision of the ENABLE Agribusiness officer
Gamal Abdelgadir mobile 0912329151, email: عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته..
7. Suggested reading material for the consultant:
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit their applications to Hind Badawi on the following E-mail 0912734808
Maximum by Thursday, December 3rd, 2020