The Republic of Sudan
Ministry of Agriculture & Natural Resources
ENABLE YOUTH SUDAN PROGRAM
Request for Expressions of Interest
Business Development Consultant
The African Development Bank (AfDB’s) ENABLE Youth initiative is a comprehensive program that builds entrepreneurship in agribusiness via skill acquisition and creates an enabling environment in which young men and women become owners of profitable agribusinesses. The objective of the Programme is to create business opportunities and decent employment for young women and men along priority agricultural value chains.
The ENABLE Youth Sudan Program is being implemented in Khartoum, Gezira, Gadarif, Kassala and River Nile states through the youth agribusiness incubation centers (YABICS).
It is against this backdrop that the ENABLE Youth Sudan Program is intending to recruit A Business Development Consultant with the following details:
Business Development Consultant
Location of assignment
Khartoum, with frequent travels to the states
Deputy Director General, Partnerships for Delivery - IITA HQ Nigeria, and the National Program coordinator- Khartoum Sudan
Objectives of the Consultancy:
The objectives of the consultancy assignment is to support the Management team of the ENABLE Youth Sudan Program through the provision of technical assistance and guidance in implementing incubation models that should be gender-sensitive , based on AfDB gender strategy, while implementing incubation models within the identified YABICS in collaboration with other partners.
Scope of work
The Business Development Consultant will carry out the following tasks:
· >Support the Management of YABICS in Sudan to draw up a 3 year Business Plan. >
· >Review the entrepreneurship training manual, >
· >Support the selection and training of youth coordinators in all YABICs. >
· > Support the credit officer in reviewing of lending instruments available with the partnering financial institutions and where need be support development of responsive products to facilitate access to credit for the youth.>
· >Work with BDOs at state level to support finalization of youth business plans and commencement of businesses;>
· >Support establishment of a business mentorship program;>
· >Support finalization of the Standard Operating procedures for YABICs >
· >Support regular M&E activities.>
· >Supervise the Business Development Officers (BDOs) in all states.>
· >Supervise the IITA administrative officer and driver>
· >Carry out any other tasks agreed upon with the supervisor or the Program Coordinator.>
The Consultant is expected to provide the following deliverables at the end of the assignment;
· >A three year Business Plan for each of the YABICs>
· >A complete entrepreneurship training manual>
· >Quarterly M&E reports>
· >Periodic report as required on the program document >
Duration and schedule of work
The Consultant will be engaged for one year only.
The payment to the Consultant will be on a monthly basis.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The consultant will have the following main profile:
· >Strong computer skills including (standard Microsoft Office applications other relevant applications will be an added value);>
· >Capacity to communicate effectively in English (written and oral).>
This post is opened for Sudanese nationals only.
Deadline for submission of EOIs and applications: 23 March, 2020 @ 12:00 p.m. Sudan Local Time
Interested applicants should indicate the position applied for and submit soft or hard copy of application along with their CVs and supporting documents to the below address:
Ms. Hind Abdul Rahim
IITA Admin Assistant
IITA – Khartoum Office
Tel: 00249116056507 & 00249912734808
Omer M. El Amin
ENABLE Youth Sudan Program
Ministry of Agriculture and Forests
East to Osman Digna St. Intersection with Shaikh Mustafa El Amin St.
Khartoum Sharq, Khartoum, Sudan
Tel : 00249912314275 & 00249123014275
E-mail: عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.