The Republic of Sudan
Ministry of Agriculture & Natural Resources
ENABLE YOUTH SUDAN PROGRAM
Request for Expressions of Interest
Business Development Officers (BDO)
The African Development Bank (AfDB’s) ENABLE Youth initiative is a comprehensive program that builds entrepreneurship in agribusiness via skill acquisition and creates an enabling environment in which young men and women become owners of profitable agribusinesses. The objective of the Programme is to create business opportunities and decent employment for young women and men along priority agricultural value chains.
The ENABLE Youth Sudan Program is being implemented in Khartoum, Gezira, Gadarif, Kassala and River Nile states through the youth agribusiness incubation centers (YABICS).
It is against this backdrop that the ENABLE Youth Sudan Program is intending to recruit Four (4) Business Development Officers with the following details:
State Business Development Officer(BDO)
Location of assignment
One BDO in each state (Gezira, Gadarif, Kassala and River Nile state)
ENABLE Youth Program Coordinator and Business Development National Consultant under International Institute for Tropical Institute (IITA).
Objectives of the Consultancy:
The objectives of the consultancy assignment is to support the YABIC Management team of the ENABLE Youth Sudan Program in the relevant state through the provision of technical assistance and guidance in implementing incubation models that should be gender-sensitive, based on AfDB gender strategy, while implementing incubation models within the identified YABICS in collaboration with other partners.
Scope of work
The state business development officer will carry out the following tasks;
· Support the Management of YABICS in the assigned state in developing and implementing the Business Plan for the YABIC;
· Identifying of the capacity gaps among agripreneurs provide the appropriate business development services.
· Provide technical support to the agripreneurs and assist them to develop bankable business plans that will be used to help them access funding to operate profitable business enterprises.
· Coordinate Implementation and improvement of the entrepreneurship training curriculum where necessary
· Facilitate the selection , orientation and training of youth coordinators in the YABICs within his/her state of operation,
· Coordinate and facilitate capacity development activities for newly recruited YABIC Staff.
· Support harmonization and review of training curriculum and materials related to agribusiness;
· Support the credit officer in reviewing of lending instruments available with the partnering financial institutions and where need be support development of responsive products to facilitate access to credit for the graduates youth.
· Support in the implementation of the Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) for YABICs and ensure that the SOPs are adhered to in the management of the YABICs.
· Support implementation of the RSFM and build requisite capacity.
· Support regular M&E activities.
· Support the market linkage strategies of the YABICs and Agripreneurs, Carryout a market assessment within the state and provide strategic guidance to YABIC and youth to develop their market plan,
· In collaboration with the state focal point & the YABIC Focal Point, facilitate YABICs and Agripreneurs networking with the state and national value chain actors.
· Conduct workshops for all youth financed to start business to discuss issues pertaining to debt management and responsibilities of the borrower as well as the lender and the post incubation support that will be provided.
· Provide technical support to the agripreneurs and assist them while they are starting their business and ensure smooth business take off.
· Contribute to the business performance monitoring and business establishment.
· Carry out any other tasks agreed upon with the supervisor or the Program Coordinator.
The Consultant is expected to provide the following deliverables by the end of the assignment;
· State YABICs Business Plans and YABIC Calendars.
· Improved implementation of the entrepreneurship training.
· Improved implementation of SOP
· Regular M&E reports
Duration and schedule of work:
The Consultant will be engaged for one year, with three (3) months’ probation period.
The payment to the Consultant will be on a monthly basis.
Commencement date & Period of implementation
The intended commencement date is immediately upon signing of contract.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates should meet the following:
· Strong computer skills including (standard Microsoft Office applications other relevant applications will be an added value);
· Capacity to communicate effectively in English (written and oral).
· Relevant experience in development of training activities is an asset.
This post is opened for Sudanese nationals only.
Deadline for submission of EOIs and applications: 23 March, 2020 @ 12:00 p.m. Sudan Local Time.
Candidate are required to mention the state (or states) they are applying for.
Interested applicants should indicate the position applied for and submit soft or hard copy of application along with their CVs and supporting documents to the below address:
Ms. Hind Abdul Rahim
IITA Admin Assistant
IITA – Khartoum Office
Tel: 00249116056507 & 00249912734808
Omer M. El Amin
ENABLE Youth Sudan Program
Ministry of Agriculture and Forests
East to Osman Digna St. Intersection with Shaikh Mustafa El Amin St.
Khartoum Sharq, Khartoum, Sudan
Tel : 00249912314275 & 00249123014275